Tuesday 31 March 2015

Devilled Sausages

This is such a tasty and frugal meal and one that I love.  In the past I used to use one of those packet mixes but then I started making this version and I will never go back as the flavour of this is so much better and it is really no more effort.

With so many sausages to use up from our cow I will be trying to come up with some interesting uses for them.
This is one of those meals that uses just a few basic ingredients and will be enjoyed by all the family.


Devilled Sausages

10 - 12 Sausages
1 Large Brown Onion, thickly diced
2 Granny Smith Apples, thinly sliced
1 Tsp Mustard Powder
2 Cups of Beef Stock
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Soya Sauce
1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce

Brown the sausages on all sides and then set aside.  In the oil from the sausages cook the diced onion for 5 minutes over a medium heat then add the apple and cook for a further 5 minutes stiring often to ensure the apple does not burn,  Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combine then add the sausages back in and cook on a low - medium heat uncovered for 30 minutes or until the sauce has reduced.

Serve with Mash and vegetables.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yum! Forget the sausage, ill have the sauce with the mash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe Fiona, my hubby loves sausages this way and I too had always used the packet mix. No more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to give this a go this weekend thank you. My mum used to make a meal like this and I haven't had it in years. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment