Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Garden Whip Around

It has been a couple of months since I gave you a bit of a tour of what is growing in the veggie patch so here are a few (and a few more) photos.

There is self seeded coriander growing all over the place and I have plans to make pesto this week.  I also have a few lettuce, some basil, a capsicum, an eggplant and zucchini in this bed too.


I have also grown a whole lot of broccoli cow food since no heads have formed.  I am holding out in hope that something might happen but as the days warm up I think that hope is lost.  This bed also has some tomato seedlings at this end and at the far end there is garlic.


The next 3 photos are out in the back garden there is fennel, lots of parsley, beetroot, more brassicas/cow food, lots of silverbeet some peas (that are really stunted this year for some reason) and some more summer plantings.



Out the back the summer plantings are so far more lettuce, zucchini, basil and capsicum.  Once some of the brassicas/cow food comes out I will get more things in.


There is is coriander flowering in many of the gardens getting ready to go to seed and plant out the next round of coriander for me.


The mulberry is putting on all its foliage again an is forming berries too.


The quince is flowering.


The asparagas is coming up and grew at a great rate over the 2 days we were away over the weekend.


From the back garden I picked a stack of veggies for dinner.  I use all of the silverbeet, parsley and peas from my basket in the quiche for dinner.  While the oven was on I roasted the beetroot for lunch salads and then washed the young leaves to keep for the salad as well  and to use in smoothies too,  The big leaves went to the chickens who were very pleased.


So whats growing in your garden?

2 comments:

  1. Wow your produce looks awesome! Does your coriander just drop seed where it is planted and resprout, or do you collect the seed and plant else where? Don't give up on your broccoli, mine took FOREVER to produce heads, I thought I must have done something wrong, but one day it just appeared, and it was one of the most successful crops I've ever grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl I am really happy with the garden at the moment and yes my coriander pretty much just resprouts where it falls. I used to spread it around but now I have it in pretty much every garden bed. I will wait a bit longer for my brassicas but it really is getting very warm here with over 25 degrees here for the week every day.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment