Sunday 29 December 2013

Day 2 At The Woodford Folk Festival

Day 2 and today it was just Hubby and I.

We kicked off the day with a high energy band - Ben Caplan and The Casual Smokers

Then we took some time to chill out and enjoy a cuppa in the shade where we shared our table with some other friendly festival goers.
We then headed off to see one of the acts I had really been looking forward to, The Whitetop Mountaineers.  Imagine the type of music that a stereotypical american hill billy would play and you are in the right area.  I have a secret love of banjo music and this one ticked all the boxes for me.  Martha also did some flatfoot dancing while playing the fiddle that was really impressive.  It was so great to see a something that is such a big part of their Appalachian culture.


Kim Wempe entertained us in the afternoon.


And the streets were alive with action.


One of the things that you can do at the festival is listen to guest speakers talk on a range of topics.  I have been to a couple already and plan to post about them after the festival.
There is so much to see and do it is a challenge to see it all and I know we need to manage our energy levels to get through the week so on night 2 we had an early one and were home at 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment