Wednesday 3 October 2012

A Home Made Christmas

Welcome to A Home Made Christmas.

Every Wednesday from now until Christmas I will be blogging about a gift idea that can be made at home and I would love it if you would join in each week with your own contribution to "A Home Made Christmas".
I am sure that there are great projects to make, goodies to make, bake and bottle and ideas that you all have to share. I look forward to reading all about the things you make and being inspired by your ideas.

Linda commented yesterday that she did not want to post about items she was planning to give this Christmas as her friends and family read her blog.  This is totally understandable.  So if you are worried about ruining the surprise feel free to post about something you have made in the past, something you saw or something you have received.

When planning home made gifts you need to consider a number of things:
How long the item will take to make? How far ahead do I need to plan?
How long will it keep?  What is the shelf life?
Does it need time to mature like Christmas Cakes/Puddings?
Can I make more than one at a time and give them to a number of people?

Something that is cheap to make, can be made well ahead of time and stored, and you can even involve the kids in the process, is Bath Bombs.

Bath Bombs are cheap and easy to make.  They can be given as a small gift on their own, that extra something to go with another gift or part of a hamper.  There are a lot of recipes out there on the net and rather than re-write them I have provided some links below.

Bath Bomb Recipes Links
Not Martha
Teach Soap
Kid Spot
CSIRO

Bath bombs can be wrapped in cellophane or packed into gift bags.  But if you have a few to wrap I suggest squares of fabric tied with ribbon.
I am looking forward to seeing your ideas so please link up below and leave a brief comment as well.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea. I just started collecting ideas for Christmas making stuff on pinterest this week. Usually I'm in a mad rush and don't get around to making things. But this year will be different because my friend has inspired me and we are planning a working bee with a little group of us. And it may involve champagne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the best kind of working bees. Bubbles go so well with craft I find.

      Delete
  2. I have started on my Christmas gifts and you're right about planning. I started wash clothes. There is more to come. Great idea, I hope to be back next week.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment