Thursday 12 April 2012

A Rooster Update and a New Question

Well it has been just over a week since we first noticed that Big Red our rooster seemed to be not quite himself. Since then we have been away for a few days so we were hoping he did not take a turn for the worse.

Before going away we gave all the chickens a worming mash and checked Big Red over for lice.  Big Red did not seem to have any lice but we dusted him anyway.  Now while we were dusting him which is not easy as he does not like to be handled, I noticed that he has red lumpy bits around his rear end.  They did not seem to be sores but more like what his comb is made of.  Does anyone know what that could be?

I can't catch him on my own so I don't have a photo and I have searched the net but cannot find anything that looks the same.

Ideas anyone?

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment